Saturday, August 26, 2006

Of All the Things I've Lost


I miss my mind the most!

Last night's grocery episode was among the Top 5 Worst of All Time! I really need to start taking the camera along. (I thought last week when the little kid threw up in the checkout line was the topper!)

Call me a bitch. (Go on, you know you want to.) I don't go to the grocery to socialize. I go to get food and pay for it and come home. I use the self-check for that very reason! I do not wish to discuss (for the 4th Friday in a row) how much I "enjoy" shopping.

Nor do I want to be told, when the pull-off coupon on my package 1) pulls off entirely--that is, doesn't peel off with the bar code exposed, then 2) when I peel it apart, the bar code sloughs off onto the sticky part, that I must stand in line at the customer service desk (where 27 people are lined up to buy lottery tickets) in order to get my $2 rebate.

And then, when I scan my "free with purchase" soda can cozy (that I didn't want, but the Other Half did) for which I meet all the criteria (purchased $10 in Pepsi/Frito-Lay products, check, use my bonus card, check, and do it between August 18 and October 28, check, I do not expect to be charged $2.11 ($1.99 plus tax) for a freakin' can cozy that I didn't want in the first place!

You know the 27 people lined up for lottery tickets? There are now 34 of them and a guy filling his propane tanks! And I need to be accompanied back to the display by a high school kid who will indeed affirm that the sign is there! Tell me that I was the first person to take "advantage" of this offer! I think not!





So, okay, I finally found a pattern that will fit on the plum baby sweater. It's 14 stitches wide. I have 98 stitches. Perfect.

Except that, well, you take a look. Something is amiss.

Off center? Not unlike the knitter?

I've bound off the bottom already. I am not frogging 16 rows. The next one will be better.

Sleeve Island, here I come.

(This sweater is a lot tinier than it looks in the photo. The sleeves will not be a major project!)




I finished the Big Red Fuzzy last night.

It really is soft and warm. And a good size for a real baby up to toddlerhood.

I will be using the leftover skeins (10 or so of them, plus some leftovers from another project) to make a cat cozy for the Resident Cat.

But. . .










I was turned on to this pattern that seems somewhat suitable (and uses about 1 ball of the Frenzy per pair). Because the grist (yarn thickness) is a little different than the called for yarn (Debbie Bliss Cahmerino Superchunky-75 yards/100 g.--Frenzy is 120 yards per 100 g, but is fluffy.) I compensated by using a smaller needle (10 v. 10.5) and cast on for a larger size (Child L to get a finished Child M) than I want to finish up.

This could be interesting.

Update:The Regia hat is in its way to the frog pond. I am going to run out of yarn before I run out of hat! I may just frog half of the ribbing and forgo the turned up cuff.
Comments:
Thanks for the mitten pattern! I've been looking for one to use for Dulaan mittens; this one looks quick and easy. Did you know that 2 strands of worsted weight yarn = whatever gauge you are trying to get with bulky yarn, although you may have to tweak the needle size a bit. That comes in handy when the color you want can't be found in bulky yarn, or you are trying to use up worsted stash but want to do so quickly.
 
That little purple sweater looks great!

I'm down to about 120 stitches on each side of the marker on my mitred square blanket. Gonna try to get it down to under 100 by tomorrow.
 
Congratulations on finishing the fuzzy red blanket! And I agree, the purple sweater looks adorable - much nicer than the vest I'm still slogging my way through.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random