Sunday, August 13, 2006

Nothing Complicated

Stuffy head, sniffles. Probably not contageous. Ragweed season has arrived! And so, dudes, I need simple stuff. Things I don't have to think about. Claritin will do that to ya!

And I need to stitch together 17 more sheep legs, attach 6 stuffed sheep heads to 6 stuffed sheep bodies, attach 24 legs, 12 ears, and 6 tails. Then I need to do something with the velvet-looking holly and other Christmassy stuff I acquired, add plaid ribbons, yadda, yadda.

I will finish this wreath! Then I will take pictures of it.



In the meantime, I'm sticking to the simple things, at least for the moment.

Here's the progress on the little purple sweater. I made it to the armpits (coming down from the top).

I've decided that it will have no embellishment. Just plain--with some cute buttons. Three of them.






And because I have 24 balls (60 yards each) of this Bernat "Frenzy" in this garish red, I cast on a big mitered square. (240 stitches, mark the center, decrease each side of the marker every other row until 2 stitches remain. Remove the marker, knit two together. Fasten off. Weave in all ends.) At 3 stitches to the inch (give or take) I'll have a 40" (give or take) blankie when I finish.

Based on how far I got with 3 balls (1/8 of the yarn I have), I shall have plenty. (And I will use up nearly a mile of yarn!)



Answer to a question: Vanessa asked about the age of the pennies in my ammonia. I just grabbed 'em from the change bucket. Some were shiny, others weren't. None are "real old," I'm sure (all the wheat pennies get grabbed up by the family "accumulators"). There was at least 1 Canadian penny in the pile. Just typical pennies from a change bucket.

I will say that the blue is getting deeper. And that I added more ammonia today. Ammonia is a gas (dissolved in water). Heat (from the sun) will cause it to dispell (see, Mr. C, I was paying attention in chemistry class!). Same thing happens with chlorine (also a gas) if you leave a glass of water.

This one needs 5-10 days to "cook."
Comments:
I think I need to start me a mitred baby blanket thingie. 'Cause each row is shorter rather than this damned lace that gets LONGER every time.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random