Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Name That Noise

Or have I suddenly gone deaf?

Weekends in the fall here in the 'hood, the ears can count on constant assault from the various gas- and electric-powered leaf gatherer/blower/shredder things employed by the various neighbormen. (Women do not seem able to master this particular task, sticking to rakes, mostly.)

I thought I had at least another month before they started. Clearly, I was wrong.

Neighbor across the street spent hours vacuuming the mini-van last Saturday.

My whole house can be vacuumed in less time!

Neighbor across the other street (we live on a corner) has been weed-whacking since 6 (it's 7:15) around the same rock!

Neighbor next to him typically spends at least one day a week vacuuming his garage and driveway (I am not making this up! )

Someone down the block got an ATV and is riding it in circles. Around and around and around.

Can you say "noise pollution?"

Can you say "honkin' big grenade launcher?"

I thought you could!

Meanwhile at the food bank: We are between cleaning services. The new one starts next Friday. The old one hasn't shown up since we gave 30 days' notice. (Do you see a pattern here? And I'm guessing he's still trying to figure it out!) So we are winging it.

Some people are coping better than others.

Today, I scrubbed out the display cooler. No, it's not my job. But the person whose job it is is a bug-phobe. I swapped cleaning the teeny tiny bugs (total time: 10 minutes, tops) for vacuuming all the carpet. (She thinks she got the better deal. I wonder if she'd like to join my Amway family. . .)

I will be really glad when next Friday finally gets here!

Big Red Fuzzy update: There is nothing to see. Trust me on this. I broke into another ball-o-fluff tonight and have 34 stitches left on each side of the marker.

Rabbitch is making a mitered square, too. Pop over and look. Ain't it purty? And it's for an actual baby! That is to say, she knows the actual family that this baby will belong to. I, on the other hand, do not know my baby. Unless, of course, it turns out to be Sparky.

Car knitting:

I'm making some progress on the "daytime project."

Ribbing goes a lot slower than stockinette.

8 rounds. 960 stitches.

That and the little bit I did on Big Red Fuzzy was the extent of my knitting today.

I feel a bout of startitis coming on. Or a trip to one of the Local Yarn Shops (just for inspiration).

Yep, that's the ticket! Inspiration here I come!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random