Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Multi-Tasking

I don't know where to start. So I'll just jump on in.

Ken Storen has started sharing his experiences in Africa via a blog. (I am hoping that he will share some pictures. The children are beautiful!)

In the interest of full disclosure, Ken is the nephew of a very dear friend. He served in the Peace Corps in Africa and saw first hand the AIDS pandemic's effect on the people. He returned there and now he and his wife work with babies, many of them orphaned by AIDS. I've enjoyed his emails and I'm looking forward to more from his journal.

Please bookmark his blog and check back often. (Clicking on the ads that interest you on the blog helps in a small way to support their work.) And if you'd like to help in a bigger way (no, not socks and mittens, silly!) let me know and I'll get you the address for Touching Tiny Lives Foundation so that you can make a tax-deductible donation.

Okay, closer to home: Several new folks have bellied up to the mitten bar. See my June 11 archived edition for more info. If you like to knit mittens, here's your chance. And you could win a prize. Deadline for getting in on the prizes is October 1. The need is on-going, though, so don't let the fact that it's a month away :eep: stop you from making some. If you miss the prize deadline, I can get you an alternate address. The mittens will wind up in the same place, I'll just cut out the middleknitter (me).

And even closer to home: Things are heating up at work! 'Tis the season, you know. October through January is our busy season. It seems to be starting early. We have a dinner planned at the warehouse to commemorate our anniversary and World Food Day and National Food Bank Week. Then the annual Donate a Turkey Season starts. I do love the fall! It doesn't help that one of my key people is sick.

And right here in this house (and the car):

I tried to get a little gansey thing going on the latest Ship Support hat. With some enhancement, you can almost tell in the photo!

There's ribbing, then a little diagonal action, then a welt, then a little checkerboard thing.

I dunno. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

It's Red Heart. I cast on 90. You know the rest.
Comments:
Good stuff, that blog.

The hat? I'm boggling ... *g*
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random