Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I Am Unable to Come Up With a Catchy Title

I know I said yesterday that I would not speak again of fair entries. Have I ever kept my word? (Yeh, and the horse you rode in on!)

This afternoon, I tagged them all (16, I think) , stowed them tenderly in a giant Rubbermaid in the back seat of the car, and now I must bide my time until Thursday.

So, how best to do that? Working a bit on some WIPs. Of course I started something new. Car knitting. It's the one in the middle.

Left to right: Little Purple Sweater (on hold while I decide whether or not to add a fair isle band), Something New (how cool is this? sport weight yarn in the same colorway as the mittens I'm entering in the Event That Is Not Mentioned. It's a matching hat for some kid on the Reservation), and the neverending Big Red Fuzzy.


I know that the rows should be getting shorter on BRF, but it sure doesn't seem that way. I knat for hours (okay, 90 minutes) tonight and made no progress at all. None! A measly 12 decreases each side, leaving me with 48 on each side of the marker. I broke into ball 12. Just. I suspect that I will need at least 2 more of the pristine balls (leaving Sparky 10, plus 2 oddballs of 2 other colors for stripes).

That's okay. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that cats are colorblind.

The good news is that the rows I did tonight averaged about 4 minutes per (down from 11 minutes on the earlier rows).



Up next: Over the next several days, I will need to hone in on a bag pattern and start shopping the stash for suitable yarn. I might use the Sarah left from my Diamond Patch, or some of the Highland Wool that I have sampled so deeply and felt it. Or Lopi. Or maybe I'll stick with a neutral (natural?) and line it with something spiffy! Decisions, decisions.

Stay tuned!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random