Thursday, August 31, 2006

Getting Up to Speed

Someone turned me on (or tuned me in) to Pandora. Now I have two stations set up and I've registered (free) and all and it's pretty darned cool. Available only to U.S. residents right now because of "streaming issues," but they're working on making it more widely available.

I plugged Johnny Mathis, Lou Rawls, Nat King Cole, and Gene Kelly into my "suggestions" so far. I am getting lots of Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, and some other artists that are new to me. It's nice background.

My other station is 60's and 70's pop. Beatles, Motown, Beach Boys. I'm a teen again!

I finished the gansey hat earlier this evening. It's stiff. It's Red Heart. Ya gets what ya pays for. There is such a difference between it and the Patons Classic Wool. Washing and dryer drying helped. But it's still ack!

The body of Heartfelt Passion is about half-knit(7 of 14 inches knit). I'll be doing a 3-needle bind-off at the bottom rather than seaming. That will be sturdier, I think, and I know it will be faster (I might actually get to it in this lifetime!)



My yarn consumption seemed heavy, so I spot checked (the totals will be posted on the 5th like usual). Amazing! In spite of adding 11 "balls" of this stuff.

Yes, it's another Tree closeout and I haven't a clue what I will do with it!

Slippers? Mittens?




Here's a closeup of the yarn itself.

Ball band says it's super bulky and needs a US 13 needle. I don't think so.

I think I'll attempt it on 8s first. There's a half dozen of the blue (night sky), 5 of the tan (suede), and 1 of black (black magic) that Leah sent. That's 720 yards all together. Surely it can be knitted into something besides a scarf!

Stay tuned.

At 3 o'clock tomorrow, we start a three-day. I really need a three-day! Of course, it's supposed to rain half the weekend. We're really counting on that "clearing by Sunday." The fair beckons!

Film, as they say, at 11.
Comments:
Want to know what to do with VooDoo yarn? I too bought some closeout. I made a purse out of some incompatible ingredients...

See my blog...

P.S. I love that addi-mercenary. It was the addis that made me mess up my boucle shawl!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random