Sunday, August 20, 2006

Catsup (and Other "C" Words)

I devoted my entire TV watching night (a rented movie and Friday's episode of House to working on the Red Fuzzy Square (tm). I have broken into ball #8 (of 24) and am at 81 stitches (counting down from 120) on each side of the marker. It appears that there will be yarn to spare.

I attempted to "pose"the miter at the same spot on the carpet as the last photo so that you, Gentle Readers, could get a sense of my progress, such as it is.



I got a big squishy package in the mail on Saturday. Leah sent me some odds and ends to knit up for charity (specifically for the Reservation).

Oh, and are they ever yummy!

Before anyone asks, they will not show up in my sidebar countdown (my blog, my rules!) for at least a month (of course, I plan to have them all knat up by then).

Um huh.




These are wool blends. And the colors look great together.

I'm thinking baby sweater(s) or mittens, or hats. I've got some leftover Encore odd balls in blue and a little Phildar that will go just right with these colors!

Check my stash, these are my favorite colors to work with.









And here's some homespun, all in natural shades, in varying thicknesses. Mittens! Definitely mittens. I'll divide the balls into equal amounts, then use one of the folk mitten-y patterns.

Thanks, Leah. (Watch your snail box!)




And as long as we are discussing "C" words. . .

Rabbitch started it! Those who are inclined to Christmas knit are already experiencing that annual frenzy. I do not knit for many for Christmas. (In truth, I do not give gifts at Christmas to many, and one box of Christmas cards can last me 2 years. Bah, humbug!) There will be a couple of sweaters, the Double Secret Project (tm) times 2, 7 or 8 pairs of socks, mittens and scarves, a shawl, 2 afghans, and a couple of toys. Other than that, nothing much.

Yes, Rabbitch, I am making fun.

Actually, there will be the Double Secret Project (parts 1 and maybe 2), and perhaps a pair of socks for the Other Half (alpaca ragg I bought 2 years ago?) . There might be a little something for each of the (3) kids.

In which I show that I really am that dumb: I signed up for a swap.

Knit a tote, fill it with a skein suitable for an Elizabeth Zimmerman 1-skein project, add some goodies, ship it off by 12/5/06. I have been assigned my partner. I am looking forward to selecting a pattern I've been dying to make. (Andean Folk Knits, Folk Bags, or any of a number of other books on my shelf have great patterns.)

Let me just say that my last several experiences with swaps and round robins (except for the Oddments Box RR, but that's a whole other ball of wax) have been less than fulfilling. I have wound up as an "angel" to more than a couple, gotten stung at least three times (twice with quilting, once with an ornament swap).

My faith in human nature (and my general gulability) keeps me coming back.

What's that line from the introduction to Rhoda? "New York, this is your last chance."
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random