Thursday, August 10, 2006

But Who's Counting?

I have at least 57 bits and pieces of WIP currently floating around in my "studio" (I love to throw that word around).

I have one "mystery project" in natural cotton/ack of which I will not speak except perhaps to announce its completion. There's an afghan square for Ship Support in the car (my "waiting in line" project). Last night I cast on a new "mitered square" blankie in that fuzzy red "Frenzy" that I got at the Dollar Tree a few months ago. It'll go fast on size 10.5s at 3 stitches/inch.

So, the other 54?

I need six tiny sheep. That's 6 heads, 6 bodies, 12 ears, 6 tails, and 24 legs. Fifty-four tiny parts.

Here's one tiny leg on the hoof, so to speak.

I'm using some long discontinued* Lion Brand babyAck for the white and black sock yarn (wool) for the black. On 1s.

All the body parts are done. I just need to seam and stuff. And stitch together.

Then make some knitted flowers, attach all of that to a wreath, add ribbons and a hanger.

:whew:



Counting and recounting as I finished each tiny section was driving me to distraction, so when I got to the legs (cast on 8 stitches in black, knit one row. Switch to white, knit nine rows, bind off), I decided to do the black part of all 24 at once. So I did.

Cast on and knit that first row for all 24, then did the white part on each, one at a time.

At bedtime last night, I was ready to start stitching and stuffing. And so, I think my Thursday evening is planned for me.

Then, I can start the flowers. And leaves.

* The price tag on the yarn was from a store (Leh's) that has been out of business for at least 15 years. That's vintage yarn! (Picked up at a bargain price at a local thrift store.)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random