Thursday, July 13, 2006

There's a Bug in My Bra

Still going for the sensational!

We were cleaning out the rain gutters earlier today. I think that's where it came from. (I hope that's where it came from!)

Before that:


I was making an effort to redecorate the "studio."

I had bunches of these mesh squares and the connectors left and had already decided to remove the desk that is in here and replace it with more yarn bins.

Funny back story: The mesh cube system was on sale at Sam's back when we still shopped there. I knew how many I needed, but the Other Half insisted that I get extras (like enough for 12 more cubes extra) because "You might get more yarn." (As if!)



Anyway, the desk holds my knitting machine, which is fine, but I disassembeled the Bond many months ago and stowed it in the closet. The desk had become an enormous catcher-of-crap. So I was ready to get rid of the desk and add more bins, because, Hot Damn! I have acquired a bit more yarn!

So, I'm putting together these cubes when the Other Half decides that this would be a good time to drill a hole through the wall behind my original yarn bins. Said hole would allow him to run the network cable from the computer in his "studio" through the closet and through the wall (rather than along the baseboard and under two doors, across my rug, and into the router.

Sounds like a plan!






Of course, there's the problem of 80-something pounds of yarn, the weight of the bins (not insignificant) and the fact that there's very little moving space in the "studio," seeing as I have removed the pile-o-crap from the desk and placed it on the futon, and then assembled another batch-o-bins which is sitting in the middle of the room.

And the original bin set full of yarn weighs, oh, probably about 120 pounds. And you want me to move it where?


Okay, I'm nothing, if not intrepid.

So I moved all of the crap off the top of the wall-o-bins. (Didn't want it falling on my head!)

Damned thing wouldn't budge.

So I moved some more stuff (ooo, shiny. I don't remember buying that!) and tried again.

Eventually, enough yarn littered the floor and desk chair, and futon and new bin batch so that I could move the original bins enough (12") so that the driller could do his thing.


After:


Then, I put everything back.

It is amazing to me that the yarn that fit in the 18 original cubes (the ones on the left)
e-x-p-a-n-d-e-d
to fill 6 more bins!

I was able to get up close and personal with some wooly stuff I haven't seen in many moons. Yummy sheepy smelling stuff. Yummy hand-painted stuff. Some good old basic stuff that will make a very nice sweater.



Update on our tree:

Mike the Tree Guy is doing work up the street. The Other Half corrals him and asks for an estimate. He comes over, looks at the tree and says "good grief* , it's gonna fall if we get any wind."

He'll be back at 8 tomorrow morning!

(George, the neighbor, doesn't want him working in his yard that early and Mike likes to get an early start. George will get over it a lot sooner than I will if the tree falls on my house.)

The Other Half figures we'll tell the first Tree Guy (the one who said he'd get here when he can) when he calls to schedule.

*[Actually, the word he used is going to be a blogiversary gift to Rabbitch if I can figure out how to spell it--& before $ except after @.]
Comments:
Ooh, nice stash!
 
A literal bug? Eww.

Wow, it looks fabulous after. And don't you love "finding" yarn?

That After Bath pic of the cat (earlier post) is hysterical. It does not bode well for you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random