Saturday, July 22, 2006

Getting to the Good Part



The long and tedious trip along PingPong road is over. Snowguy is finished and stuffed and of course, I forgot that the eyes and buttons go on before the stuffing, so I will have different issues this time with getting the eyes in the right place. Cross fingers that I won't be sewing and ripping as much as I did with the li'l' gal!

I am going to have to dive into the button stash for more coal-looking buttons for this one.

I don't think it will be an issue, though (see previous posts about the gignormous button stash).







He's getting a striped and fringed scarf (lengthwise garter stitch--you know the pattern).

I am still debating the hat.

Either it will be a top hat (probably red with a green band or vice versa) with some holly leaves and berries (check the bead stash for red!) on the hat band.


Or it will be a striped beanie.




And there's some progress on the little sweater. Fact is, I could finish it today.

The buttons I picked are perfect. Except that they are too small. I'm looking at tightening up the buttonholes and using them, or going back to the "drawing board" and diving into the button stash for something appropriate.

This is such a great pattern. I made the size 2 (22" chest), but because of the ribbed pattern, and the lack of constricting seams, I'm betting it would fit up to about a 30" chest. The sleeves are nice and long (with turned back cuffs) and the raglan shaping is deep. I'm going to add an inch or so to the length so that it will be a long sweater on a toddler and probably fit right on to kindergarten as a "bomber" jacket on the right kid. (Yep, it will probably be donated.)

I'm working on getting my mind around making one for myself! The pattern booklet covers chest measurements from 22-45" and based on what I'm seeing with this one, 45" will easily stretch to 50" or more. The onlything is. . .all that ribbing.

Landscaping continues in the back yard. Today we decide what to use to replace the trees. I really don't want that much view of the neighbors' house! We're thinking rhododendrons or laurels, both of which bloom and are evergreen without having needles and cones.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random