Monday, July 17, 2006

Frying Eggs On the Sidewalk

I bet we could!

And so, I am holed up here in the "studio." Where there's a window air conditioner. (There's one in the bedroom, too, or I'd be sleeping in my car with the motor running. Who cares about a little CO poisoning?)



I'm moving into the home stretch on the fair entries. Cast on the other half of the snowpair tonight and got some good headway while working out on the "stepper."

Think "snow," think "cool." This one will be a taller and skinnier version of the squishy snowgal. Probably with a red top hat (green hat band) and a striped scarf.


And just in case I got the urge to work on Branching Out, (not a chance in hell I'm touching cashmere, even blended with silk in this heat) I cast on a cute little top-down cardigan with some Encore I unearthed in the stash re-org.



Please tell me what's wrong with this picture.

Miles of 2X2 ribbing is what! And shaping (on the sleeves) in that same ribbing!

What was I thinking?

Fortunately, it's a small size (2) so I won't be at it terribly long. Pattern from Kids to Grown-ups Seamless Sweaters by Mary Rich Goodwin.

This will give me the chance to use some cute buttons. Maybe bright yellow smiley faces. (More likely the white ones with the blue sailboats if I can figure out where I stowed them.)

And on the work-front, my first day back didn't suck too badly. There are some things to deal with, but that just makes me feel needed.

I really need another vacation.
Comments:
Oh dude, I LIKE that little sweater!

Must look for that book ...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random