Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Finish Line

Tonight, while watching TiVo'd versions (no commercials) of House and The 4400, I did a little finishing up.


Here's an up-close and personal view of the litte blue sweater (TM) that I started a few days ago.

It's called "Twizzled Rib," but I'll be damned if I can see any reason for the "twizzled" label. Looks like plain ol' 2X2 ribbing to me.

The yarn is well-aged Plymouth Encore worsted, left over from a sweater I made for the Older Kid when he was a freshman in college.





In the flesh, all finished with nice buttons from the stash, this is a sweater I might make for me.

Isn't it just perfect for a little boy? (The buttons are on the "boy side.")

And truthfully, I made the size 2, but it's very s-t-r-e-t-c-h-y. Should fit for a good long while.

The pattern comes in my size. I have some wonderful rough-spun wool (the stuff I bought in Ireland a couple years ago) in a lovely natural brown. I need to check if there's enough.

I finished my 4th 7" square for Ship Support, too!






And the last "finish" of the night: here's the "big guy with the "little lady." Stop gagging!

They are knit in Dollar Tree find Bernat Ping Pong which is genuinely nasty stuff to knit, especially at a tight gauge (to keep the stuffing in). Hats and scarves are Red Heart Supersaver.

Pinf Pong is multi ply ack and nylon. It has little spakly fibers sticking out all over. Very frosty looking.

I have a few balls of brown and black in the stash. I was planning to use them for a bear or two, but they also have the sparkly stuff.


So, back to the drawing board!

Still to finish for the fair: Snowperson, single; Christmas ornament, Santa; Wreath, other.
Comments:
Mr. and Mrs. C are extremely cute, although I think you went way beyond the call of duty with that yarn! hee hee I LOVE the sweater - what's the pattern name?
 
where is the pattern available for the darling little blue sweater? Your help will be appreciated .
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random