Sunday, July 16, 2006

Cold Hands, Warm Heart?


Yesterday, I finished my sixth mitten pair for the 6 in 2006 Challenge. How is everyone coming on this?

I've heard from Amy who is currently traveling in my part of the world (sorry to miss meeting up, Amy) that she has finished 4 pairs.

A couple of friends from Native American Support have passed the goal and are still knitting!

Marilyn hasn't written it to her blog, but I know she's finished 8 pairs! Mariella and Anami both have great patterns posted to their blogs.

I feel really good about how this blitz will play at the other end. And there will be a random draw for prizes at this end.

It's not too late to join in. Just pledge to make and mail 6 pairs of mittens or gloves so that I can re-mail them to the Cheyenne River (Lakota Sioux) Reservation by the first week in October. There's still more than 2 months to go in this challenge. Many cold hands are counting on you. You can contact me via email for the mailing address.



Cats have built in mittens.

Besides, it's 100 degrees in the shade.

If you can find any shade.
Comments:
I haven't even cast on my first pair. I fear my only contribution will be prizes.

Bah.

I would like to note, however, that my chapter of Blankets for Canada has donated 21 blankets to the local shelter so far this year, and I have about another six here ready to go.
 
I'm going to give it a go, I'll start knitting as soon as I finish up my weeks mystery stole. It's the last I can do after so many helped the animals on my drive.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random