Wednesday, June 28, 2006

What's This?



The rains seem to have finally stopped (after what feels like 3 or 4 weeks rather than days). We are under a serious flood watch for the whole region, and I have an appointment for medical testing on my stomach in a little over an hour.

Having eaten nothing since midnight, I am more than a little cranky. The thought of postponing due to weather has not crossed my mind! If I can get there, I'll drink the damned barium and let them x-ray me!

So it came as no surprise thatthe sun is out this morning! There are blue skies, and the birds are singing.

However, the river is at flood stage (and hasn't crested yet). It could still be bad!




The flowers in the garden do not seem to be upset by all the water. In fact, they seem quite content.

There will be cleaning today, and knitting, and SOMA (sitting on my ass) recovering from the indignities of early morning testing.

There might even be the eating of ice cream, or Rita's.

Stay tuned!

Alert: I just found out that the Other Half will be home early. There goes a perfectly good SOMA day!
Comments:
I hope the testing of the tummy went well and the Other Half was solicitous and waiter-y like.

We got a wee bit of rain today! Yay, because I hate the 100+ heat. Of course that's kind of the weather around here in the summer, but still.

Mismatched sneakers! At least yours was close. I wore a black slip on and a brown lace up once to work. I was stressed. Also? Late. I was always late back then.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random