Monday, June 12, 2006


Two pairs finished! Yes, indeed, I will be able to meet the challenge myself!

This is always a concern. I issue mitten challenges to force myself to knit them! I really don't like knitting mittens. Two of them. It's worse than second sock syndrome!

But these are cute. And small. I should have put something with them for perspective.



I did a little gardening yesterday.

Well, I bought the plants on Saturday. Petunias, dianthus, zinnias (the tall kind) if anyone cares.

Then I weeded the big beds in the front and moved a few plants around. The balloon plants are overwhelming the sage, so I moved the sage to a better spot.

And what in the wide, wide world of sports is that black-eyed Susan doing in that particular spot? So I moved it, too.

And I planted some gladiolas. Maybe they'll bloom in 6 or so years (that's how long it took the first batch).







Sparky was no help at all, but she sure enjoyed the sun.












We were all enjoying the sun until I found this. If its former owner is poisonous, I do not want to know!










I'll leave you with the peonies. They perfume the air outside our bedroom window.

So sweet.

Oops! I almost forgot the movie reviews.

This weekend, we saw Sound of Thunder which is a sort of Jurassic Park meets Jules Verne. Fluff with a bit of futuristic sci-fi thrown in. It was okay.

Hoodwinked was the first "don't bother" we've seen in a while. Really. Don't bother.
Comments:
Our glads are just crazy blooming this year. I love them.

Hmm. Mitten challenge, eh? I should take up the gauntlet (er, mitten) but I'm so slow. Very easy pattern? I've got enough wool blend yarn leftover. I'll give it a go. Please want them all at once at the end so I can feverishly knit 6 pairs in 4 sleepless days....
 
That's exactly it, Carrie. Make them over time, or make them in a bunch. Just get them to me by October 1.
 
That sounds doable.
 
I am a herpetologist. if you send me your snake shed, I can tell you if the owner was venomus or not. If you did not save it, send a copy of that photo as an attachment (so I can enlarge it as big as possible) to dezcrawford@hotmail.com and I'll give it a whirl.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random