Thursday, June 29, 2006

Time For the Fun

First things first. The test it is over. The doctor has pronounced it "a little reflux." We are relieved.

I was whisked in so fast yesterday that all I had time to knit was:





The very basic beginning of a tiny sock. Same yarn as the matching mittens.

Cast on 36. Rib for 10 rounds. Work to 3", heel flap on 1/2 the stitches (18 if you're math impaired), turn the heel, knit the foot to 3", make a toe. Repeat.








So, tonight, I started this:



The pattern's an old Hayfield. It calls for mohair (as if!), but I am using some Bernat Ping Pong that I bought at the Tree a few weeks ago. I have brown and black too. They'll be a bear, I think. Maybe a brown bear with a black muzzle.

I'll get crazy with the scarf and hat on this snow guy. I'm thinking that fair isle or cables might be the ticket.

Ping Pong is nasty sparkly ack/nylon blend.








And on a floody note: Much of eastern and central Pennsylvania is under water or cleaning up from being under water. Our homeless shelter in Easton is flooded (again). Can you imagine the irony of being flooded out of a homeless shelter?

Hold a good thought, please.
Comments:
That would be adding insult to injury? I feel for those people.

Reflux? Not that bad of a diagnosis. Did they give you anything?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random