Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Moving Along


I've had a request for the pattern for Diamond Patch. I did not design this sweater, I am only the knitter. Therefore, I refer anyone interested in his/her own copy to Elann. Please click on "products" then on "patterns." From there, you can scroll (though you will need to page through screen after screen of Classic Elite "classics") page by page, or click "all" and wait a minute while all 1400+ pictures load. I am certain that there are other sources for this pattern. I suggest that readers JFGI on "Just One More Row" "Diamond Patch" with the quotes.

If you are perusing Elann's patterns, scroll down to "Just One More Row." On the way by, check out "Effectiveness By Design," "Fiber Trends," and Heartstrings." When you are finished, look at "Knitting Pure and Simple" and "Oat Couture."

These are just some of my favorite pattern sources. Over the next few months, I may begin actually using some of the great patterns and yarn I have stashed. (What a concept!)

In other news: I have started another fair entry, this time in Red Heart ack (Hokey Pokey that's been stashed for a while). It's a little girl's dress (18 months) with a cute (and very simple) lace hem, plain skirt, long sleeves, patterned bodice. I have already begun modifications (switched it to "in the round" as there is no way in hell I am knitting 9+ inches of 140 stockinette stitches back and forth). The sleeves will be picked up and knit as well. Down with seams! This will be #10. Then I really can get started on the fun stuff."

As soon as there's something to show, there will be pictures!

I've started another hat for Ship Support, and work continues on a pair of mittens (plain, blue, wool/ack blend). Branching Out is this [] close to being frogged. I love the pattern, love the yarn (cash/silk, what's not to love?) , hate the color (Salmon. Not pink, not orange.) Frog Pond is calling!

And now, it's "later":
This is the third start on the little dress. We had trouble counting, yes, we did.

Yarn is Red Heart Hokey Pokey "periwinkle." The pattern is from House of White Birches Knitting for Babies and Kids. The pattern calls for cotton, but all my worsted weight cotton is simply "too mature" for a baby/toddler dress.


And I'm not in the market for more yarn.
Comments:
Not in the market or resisting temptation? One of these days I'm going to make one of those cool patterns from Oat Couture. Of course, one of these days I hope to have knit at least one pattern out of each of my knitting books.

Provided I live to be 250.

Cute baby stuff.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random