Monday, June 12, 2006

The Mitten Quest Continues


Tonight I knitted mittens!

The "color block" pair is finished. Either they are camel and claret with khaki palms, or claret and camel with khaki backs. Not exactly what I was planning on (poor planning on my part), but warm and colorful. Something that I hope will appeal to a young teen.

Of course, no matter which way they turn out, they still need to be seamed. And a little blocking wouldn't hurt!



For, it seems, seaming is one of the facts of life when you knit mittens on two needles.

It matters not whether they are knit side to side (like these) or bottom to top (or top to bottom).

Someday, you've got to sew them up.

That's just the way it is.

And that's enough ruminating from me.




The obvious solution to the seaming issue should be very clear (see photo to the left).

Knit the blasted things in the round!

I have no idea what yarn this is. Probably Encore (wool and ack). It feels soft. It knits nice. I'm planning to get a little pattern thing going with some white Red Heart "with Wool" (seriously, that's the name of the yarn-- "with Wool") as soon as I get finished with the ribbing thing. I'm thinking a snowflake. Too girly? Or some swirly stuff. Something to break up the wild blue yonder!

Definitely not stripes. Not white stripes on kid-mittens. Even machine washable kid-mittens. I'm even wondering about the snowflake!

These are knitted in the round in a tube with an afterthought thumb thing. I will post pictures as I progress. The pattern idea belongs to Anami , though there's no recent mention on her blog.

I'm sure she'll be posting pictures of the ones she's making for the Mitten Challenge very soon.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random