Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It's Finished


It occured to me as I prepared to wear Diamond Patch for the first time "out" so to speak, that I had not posted a final picture.

And so, for your viewing pleasure, I give you Diamond Patch, in the rough, and in the mirror.


The pattern is Just One More Row "Diamond Patch." The yarn is Filatura di Crosa "Sarah" in a color called Moroccan Oasis. It's 75% cotton, 20% Ack, and 5% nylon. The color changes are long.

I modified the pattern (check the archives for my size/gauge rant) and I am satisfied with the fit.





All together, I used a little over 400 g./1000 yards (there are 5 full balls and a bit left of my original 15).

Pattern and yarn were purchased in November 2003 from elann.com. A quick Google search does not turn up additional sources.

By no stretch of the imagination was this my oldest stashed yarn, or even my oldest Elann yarn.

A quick look at the spreadsheet tells me I have miles to go.








We took a little walk in the back yard tonight and someone found something tasty in the herb bed.

It would seem that after many years of dormancy, the catnip lives!

And the cats are doing their damnedest to see that it is dormant again soon.

Buzz, anyone?








And in yet another corner of my world, the Asian lilies are in bloom.

The Other Half insists on calling them "day lilies," which, clearly, they are not.

Let's leave him his delusions, shall we?
Comments:
Gorgeous!
 
It's beautiful!
 
I'd just be calling the flowers "pretty". Kind of a black thumb.

The Diamond Patch came out gorgeous! It looks really good on you too, the diagonals are perfect.

Miles and miles of yarn. Now that's winding road I could travel down.
 
Looks great!
 
The Diamond Patch looks wonderful and cool.

The red flowers, whatever they are, are beautiful.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random