Sunday, June 18, 2006

How Close Can We Get?



The Regia mittens are finished! I did my very best to match them exactly and I think I got it pretty close. There's a tiny glitch in one of them (look at the tippy top) that was caused by the slight variation in the self-striping.

But all in all, I'm satisfied! And taht puts me one entry closer to being ready for the fair!

The pattern is from Knitting Pattern a Day Calendar: Wednesday, November 1, 2006. Yes, I worked ahead! Bite me!









Look at this! Even the thumbs match!

I "lost" a few yards of yarn so that I would start at the same spot on the cuffs, then I "threw away" a few more yards to get the thumbs to start at tht spot in the pattern repeat.

So, Carrie and Janice, still wanna watch me pull my hair out?

There will be no ranting from me over this pair o' mittens. I'm pleased as punch. Then some.


And on a similar note: Response to the "6 in 2006" is phenomenal (okay, I'm easily pleased--see above). Jump on in, the water's fine!
Comments:
I'm waiting for the hat.
 
You actually made them match. Down to the thumbs. Impressive, Ann!
 
Hey. It took off my follow up of "slightly scary". In the best way. In the matching mitten way. ;)
 
I'm going to jump in on the mitten challenge. Can't wait! What a great way to use up some of the odds and ends in the stash, plus a nice donation for charity!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random