Friday, June 09, 2006

Belated Reviews

Movie reviews: We saw these last weekend.

Fun with Dick and Jane is a funny (slapstick funny) romp with Jim Carey as an out-of-work PR guy from an imploded company. Pretty much what you'd expect.

The Family Stone, however, is not a comedy (no matter what the Name Brand stars (Diane Keaton, Craig T. Nelson) and anything written on the box would lead you to believe.

The Other Half and I each said, "Omygawd, that's your family." Well, yes, it's probably yours as well. Touching, bittersweet, with some funny scenes, but not a comedy (at least not in my opinion.

I'd recommend either or both to my friends.

Breaking News: Diamond Patches is done! Let me get it blocked and I'll post some pictures.

Now I can give my full attention to Branching Out (did you hear that, you whiner?). (Or I can start something new for the fair.)
Comments:
I loved The Family Stone, but yeah, a comedy the way Steel Magnolia was. I couldn't bring myself to see Fun with Dick and Jane after the original one with Jane Fonda and George Segal.

Looking forward to seeing the blocked Diamond Patches!
 
My sisters and I saw the Family Stone when it came out. Walking out of the theater, wiping the tears off our faces, we each asked, "Who said that was a comedy?"

Teresa
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random