Sunday, June 04, 2006

Aftermath

The aftermath of the weekend's financial success (not!) is that "my room" is a worse mess than usual.

So I spent the better part of the day attempting to make some sense of the disarray.




On a fairly regular basis, I round up all my runaway circular needles and get them back into their cases and in some semblence of order.

This time, there was a definite method to the madness as I also logged them in to their own spreadsheet. A friend is scouting for nylon ones, so I really needed to know where the gaps are.

My analysis says "take all you can lay hands on!"





And I finished a pair of bedsocks/footies/slippers for Ship Support.

They're Kool Wool--claret, khaki, and camel.

Cast on 36, join, make a sock. You know the drill.






And isn't this lovely?

No, I didn't, but I wish I had. On my screen, it's only slightly larger than real life.

Top to bottom, it's less than 3" high, and less than 1.5" wide. There are something like 40 x-stitches to the inch in the rose portion. The little lilac flowers are about 1/4" wide.

My mother worked this (and the crocheted lace around the edge) on a linen handkerchief more than 50 years ago. I have a couple of others that she did (white on white cutwork).

I'm thinking about framing the embroidery.
Comments:
all i sold was underwear (for god's sake, boys' used underwear! clean, mind you, but still!) and a fire truck. nobody wnated the decent shape boys' jeans! i'd have been all over htem when they were that size! sheesh
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random