Sunday, May 28, 2006

Little Things Mean a Lot!


I'm giving the Sock It To Me! Colori one more (last) chance.

Faithful readers will recognize this yarn. This is its third (strike) chance.

Since "Children, Knitted, Socks - Slippers - Booties" is one of the categories I plan to enter in the fair, I thought I'd try it out on the Baby Socks found on P. 22 of




this XRX publication. You can get your own (full price) copy from Knitter's or a discounted copy from on-line book stores. (Amazon has it for 2/3 the price-I'm betting that bn.com does as well.)

This is quite a good book as sock books go (not my favorite, but nevertheless, a good one).

There are simple directions for basic sock knitting plus many variations on that theme, including colorwork and lace in sizes from infant through adult.

Warning: since the patterns are "contest winners," most of them are "one size" (and not "one-size-fits-all," either), so be prepared to do some math if the one size isn't your size.



My back-up plan is this little cutie (that I have already "interpreted" to meet my own ideas of "baby sock").

It's from the "secret section" of Interweave Knits web site, I think. I printed it out right after the Summer 2005 issue hit my mailbox. The directions that were on the Internet seem to have disappeared.

This one has a cable rib cuff and a short-row heel. I confess that I followed the IK directions for the heel, then ripped them out and went back to my old standby--the one found here.

This is far and away the best short-row heel pattern I have ever used! If you use it, please make a pair for charity! It's only fair.

And now, back to the house cleaning and crap gathering. I have found a church group that will happily [?] take my leftovers, so I will now press on! Old scanners, anyone?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random