Saturday, May 27, 2006

A 3-Day Weekend

This is going to be a very full weekend. It's a 3-day here in the good old U S of A, commemorating the military folk who fought and died. It was originally called "Decoration Day" and was celebrated with trips to the cemertary to place flowers and flags. Now it's called Memorial Day and is celebrated with drunken picnics (first of the summer) and sales.

I'll celebrate by gathering yard sale-worthy crap, sweeping out the garage, and scrubbing the bathrooms ("once a month, whether they need it or not" is my motto)!




I did some more work on Diamond Patch (lousy self-portrait) . No, it's not finished, but it does fit this time!

I could conceivably finish this weekend (even restricting my knitting to the nighttime).

Still needed: single crochet around the neckline to stabilize it, then narrow ribbing at the neckline, short-row cap sleeves picked up from the armholes. I have a few more ends to weave in, but I'm saving those to fill in any gaps where I pick up those stitches.

It never occured to me (even with schematics) that there is a deep V at both front and back neck edges. Intriguing. The Other Half commented that he hopes I plan to wear a bra with it. (Yes, and a tee-shirt!)

And now for your regular weekend rant: Groceries last night (grrrr). Never shop the day before a holiday. Commit this to memory. Don't do it again!

The Other Half was at one end scanning (yes, I know someone doesn't have a job because of self-check) while I was bagging (yep, at this end, too) when the terminal went down. Dead! No life. Nothing there! Fortunately[?] the cashier at the self-check help desk (with the help of three other people) was able to "retrieve" what we had already scanned and add that which we hadn't (all the fresh stuff--meat, veggies, you know, the stuff we went there to get).

Lord, what a nightmare.

Technology is great--when it works!

I will attempt more entries over the weekend. If nothing else, I'll post photos of the crap-we-are-selling.
Comments:
i took my mom to the store yesterday, but we went at 230 in the afternoon, so it wasn't too bad. just dodging alot of walkers & canes, lol. the diamond thingie looks fantastic, hope you do finish it this weekend. my MIL is having a garage sale next weekend, and i think i'm oging to take some stuff over there.
 
Nonono, it's not "someone doesn't have a job because of self-check", it's "one more low-paying and unskilled job has been eliminated, thus freeing the person who may have been dead-ended in that position to seek fulfillment elsewhere."

Or something.
 
And I really like that sweater, btw!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random