Saturday, March 25, 2006

It's That (Most Wonderful) Time of the Year

Yes, only 3 weeks (give or take) until April 15, so I am taking a 3-day this weekend so that I can work on the dreaded taxes.

See:
For the first time ever, I will rely on software to guide me through.

Turbo Tax is loaded on the computer. I have all the records (I think) at my fingertips. If the commercials are to be believed, all I need to do is plug in a few numbers and the feds will mail me money.


Why do I have this uneasy feeling?

I've been working on the reunion mitones. Talk about a labor of love!

The Elann Peruvian Highland wool is wonderful to knit with, but the gauge is 32 stitches to 4"--8 stitches to the inch. That's tight!

My tension looks so very good, though. I really like the way good wool works up at small gauge.

I just have to stop every couple rounds and do something else because otherwise, I will have a serious case of "claw hands."



I'm doing the stranding "2-handed" picking the left and throwing the right to avoid the drop/throw/drop/throw motion that I would "normally" use. Even so, it's slow going. Steel Addis don't help, or do they?

And yes, that death grip (right hand) is how I have been knitting for fifty-some years.

I look forward to starting the chulo. It's made on 4s with the same yarn. The pattern calls for 2 rows of single crochet as a finishing touch. I'm thinking that 2-stitch I-cord will look better.

Update: If you skip a step (say, the one that says "increase 6 stitches evenly) you will need to rip because the pattern won't fit. Just sayin'.

assgobblin!

Comments:
I knew you'd find a use for that word.

The mittens look great. One day ...
 
They should warn you about that. Hey. If instructions can include not to iron in the bathtub, clearly it's not out of line to expect a knitting pattern to tell you if you skip a step, the pattern won't turn out correctly.
 
assgobblins! gotta love it! and that itty bitty knitting! ugh!

turbo tax worked well for me 3 years ago. of course, my taxes got hopelessly complicated the next year (royalties and stuff) so i gave up, and went to my mom's accountant. he knows what to do with all this stuff.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random