Thursday, January 26, 2006

If It's Not One Thing

it's another!

I was all set to do my early morning posting, but no Internet! Every time the wind blows lately.


I made some progress on the Adult Surprise Sweater For Me (tm) last night. It's starting to look like a sweater.

Elizabeth's directions say, "Nearly done." I still need to lengthen it to cover-butt-length, finish the sleeves (or decide to leave them short) and do the edging on the neckline, center front, and bottom. But it's lookin' good!






And knowing that I would have lots of "sit and listen" time today, I packed a basket of sockie odd balls of Socka (red), Koigu (blue) and Trekking (gray).

Those are my size 2 Brittanies, so much nicer for circular knitting than those 15s. And just perfect for making cozy little toe warmers!






It turns out that I did have lots of sittin' time after driving 90 minutes (okay, 70 minutes--traffic was very light) , and what with down time and making motions and seconding them, listening to reports (and making them), there was just enough time to finish one little Socka!

Crew style with ribbing the whole way to the heel. Labor of love, that one!

And I started the second to avoid the dreaded second sock syndrome, because the feet these will warm are due to emerge in the next 6 weeks or so.

So, back to knitting!

.


Comments:
I really like your sweater!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random