Sunday, November 20, 2005

Multiplicity

I amost always have a number of projects going at once and right now is no exception.

First up, the Feather and Fan stole/shawl. This one is done in a very pretty, pale lavender, very soft mohair-merino-nylon blend. I know I've shown it before, but I really am in love. It's so soft to touch and working up so nicely.

The pattern stitch is simple enough (plain knit or purl on 3 of 4 pattern rows) that it's my current TV/TiVo project.

I have 8 balls of this yummy stuff and at 39", I've used about 40% of it. I plan to make it long and then dress it w-i-d-e.


Also on the needles is an Irish Hiking Scarf . I started this one using a Tivoli yarn (Celtic Aran Superwash) that I bought in Ireland a couple years ago. My intention was to make it for the Other Half as the yarn is what's left from his Newsboy Cap. However. . .he has pronounced it "very scratchy" (it is) so I'm thinking that since The Kid didn't think it was all that scratchy, that I might just finish this one, give it to The Kid and make another in something softer for the Other Half. Or I'll be so bored with this pattern that there won't be another.


I did actually finish something, too. It's a beanie (#6 of 7) for the Rez. I used Bernat Ragg (don't go Googling, it's all gone from Smiley's ) for the main yarn and Cervinia Sorrento (which I like quite a lot for ack-ril-ack) and Red Heart TLC (the navy).

The pattern is my basic: Cast on a multiple of 4 stitches (in this case 80) using appropriate yarn and 16" circular needle (worsted weight and 7 respectively). Join, rib (1X1, 2X2, 3X1) for about an inch to 2 inches (or up to 6" if you want a turned back cuff), switch to stockinette (knit every round) until it's long enough (I go about 6"), throwing in stripes at will. Decrease at 8 points every other row until 8-10 stitches remain. Cut the yarn, thread through the remaining stitches, draw up, fasten off. Weave in all the ends.

I've cast on #7 in some leftover hot pink Red Heart. I'll stripe it in lavender.

And I have absolutely given up on finishing 2 more pairs of slippers. Fear not for cold toes, though. To make up for it, I bought some slipper socks to send with the hats.

.
Comments:
Very nice!! I especially like the beanie and your pattern. Your pattern says so much in so few words. I can tell you've made many of these!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random