Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Life or Something Like It

I'm talking vacation days, here! Wednesday and Friday. Yep, I know there's a workday in the middle. Shut up!

I plan to do a little gardening (as little as possible) and a little cleaning (once a month in that bathroom whether it needs it or not!) and a lot of knitting.

I've made progress on the stocking:



Yep, down to the heel, which is worked flat, then grafted. There's no gusset on this stocking that I can see. I will follow the pattern blindly. That should keep me out of trouble!

And ripped from the headlines:

Several months ago, 4 local men (including a soldier on leave from the Sandbox) were killed in an accident, late at night, by a drunk driver, who survived the crash. The community rallied. The driver is being prosecuted. Turns out that the driver who died may also have been drunk. And was driving without headlights. Not to excuse. But to explain.

City police officer dies while participating in SWAT training. Very little makes the papers. Grand jury is convened. Shortly before testimony starts, someone breaks into police files, going through the file on the dead officer. And now, the police union is suggesting that the city should pay for the dead officer's funeral.

I'm just sayin'

.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random