Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Dark Side of the Sun

It was just a little thing. About a year ago, I got the notion to try wire and bead knitting (jewelry, mostly) and bought all the supplies. Look around, folks, do you see pictures of marvelous beaded bracelets, knit from wire? Nope, didn't think so.

Then, a few months ago, I found some "buckets" of mixed beads at "the Tree" (Dollar Tree) in the next town over. They were bright and shiny and oh, so pretty. About 1/2 of the contents of each 1 pound bucket was plastic "pony" beads (those things we used at camp to make all sorts of crap that we brought home to adoring parental units. Note to self: dig out the pony bead crap and salvage the beads!). Actually, I gave the pony beads away, only because I have two huge bags of them in white and glow-in-the-dark :ahem: that I plan to knit into some acrylic mittens and caps. See 'em? Nah, not those either. But you will. Before winter. Promise.

By the time I was done at the Tree, at the Big Box Store, and at Spillaine's (the last remaining honest to gawd 5 & 10 that's close by), I had, once again, totally embarassed myself.

See:



Can you say it with me? Sure you can: "ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho"

But they sure are purty! And some of the glass ones are actually quite nice, too!

So, yesterday, what could I do but go to Big Box Store and buy some of these:




I am such a. . . But I'm gonna have a whole buncha stitch markers!

Lest you think that all I did last night was fondle beads:



'nother 9" block. If you'd like to make one yourself, find the graph here .

.
Comments:
Good grief, woman! Well, at least you have a house. My "Wall O' Beads *tm*" is in this tiny apartment with the wheel and the loom and the 200 lbs of fiber ...
 
That's an adorable square!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random