Saturday, June 18, 2005

Cold Comfort Farm

I promised to make mittens. Seven pairs. One for each month until November. I hate making mittens. There are 2 of them. And they have to match. That's 14 mittens all together.

Here's the start of #3:



It still needs the thumb. I wanted "girlie" colors. These aren't showing up true, but they certainly qualify. The MC is Lilac, the CC is Bright Pink. The yarn is Red Heart Supersaver (77 cents for 3 ounces over at Smiley's --lotsa other good stuff there, too!) . Fabric is double-stranded. The pattern is one of the newer ones from Cottage Creations: Mighty Mitts and Flap Caps . I might make a flap cap to match.

I finished the 5th 9" square, too. Okay, I cheated a little.




The 2nd from the right was knitted a long time ago on the Bond in a fit of experimentation gone horribly wrong. I found it in the bin where I keep my "charity knitting" yarn. It's the right size, so it's going in the box. Gail, feel free to not use it! Four more (or five, if I start to feel guilty) and I'll mail them.

And now a word from our sponsor:

I love to read! Almost as much as I love to knit. Nay, more! So much so that I frequently surprise people when they discover that I can read and knit at the same time. I did not practice that talent while reading The Kite Runner . I wanted to savor every word of this wonderful novel. I finished it yesterday afternoon when I could have been napping. Wonderful does not adequately describe the narrative, the scenic descriptions, the dialogue. Read it! Enjoy the language, the emotion, the history.
Comments:
Thanks for the book suggestion. I'm always looking for something new to read! I haven't tried knitting and reading yet, but having read that you can do it, I'm going to have to try! The mittens are lovely, as are the squares.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random