Sunday, April 17, 2005

Change of Heart

All the pieces of the little blue sweater are finished. I put it together tonight and have edited in this picture:





But I've already started the twins' sweaters 3 or maybe 4 times today. I had the yarn selected a couple of weeks ago (Red Heart Luster Sheen) and snapped a little shot (it's the coned yellow and green stuff on my April 3 entry.

I cast on a couple of Bliss sweaters, then remembered how very wide those patterns make up and frogged. I debated other yarns. I briefly considered using worsted weight and making a couple of 5-hour baby sweaters.

Here's what won out:



It's an Elizabeth Zimmerman design. The picture is from Vogue Knitting American Collection, but it's also in Knitter's Almanac. It was originally published in Vogue Knitting in Fall, 1990.

Such a sweet little sweater. A classic.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random