Friday, April 01, 2005

Bitter Sweet

You wait until Easter is over so that you can get a bargain on leftover Easter candy (half price is good).

Better than chocolate bunnies. Better than Peeps. The world's best inexpensive (okay, admit it, cheap!) jelly beans are those made right down the road a bit:




Full price, they are less than a dollar (U.S.) a 10 ounce bag. Half price, they are dirt cheap. And tempting.

(Did I mention that I can eat a whole bag at a sitting?)

So imagine my disappointment when I opened this bag and found:



(Did I mention that I don't like black jelly beans?) Thirty-seven of them! One and a half of the seven servings in this bag are black! Fully 23% of my long-awaited, much anticipated bag of jelly beans. Black!

(Did I mention that black jelly beans are a favorite of the Other Half?)

(I wonder how many black ones there are in the other 3 bags I bought. . .)
Comments:
I'll eat the black ones! And the white ones and the pink ones and the yellow ones ...
 
Funny! I use the little bags of M&M's for a statistic problem at the beginning of my psych classes. Some packs didn't have any of one particular color.
 
The Kid snarfed up all the black ones. The white ones (pineapple) and the purple ones (grape) are my favorites.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random