Sunday, March 20, 2005

Taxing Woman

I've spent the better part of the weekend sorting through tax records and getting a start on this annoying task.

For practice, I do The Kid's first. (Shut up!) They're done. Federal, State, Local. Just need to be filed.

I really am procrastinating on the Other Half's and mine. They are considerably more complicated, though, in 34 years, I have only not done them myself once. That was the year we moved from another state, sold a house, started a business, and borrowed from our IRAs. Yeh, we let someone else have all the fun that year!

And spring has officially sprung here in eastern Pennsylvania. The snow and freezing rain that was predicted never materialized (at least not yet) and the last patch of slop on the patio is reduced to a tiny pile about the size of a deck of cards. I guess I could kick it onto the lawn, but why? By tomorrow, it will be a vague memory.

The magnolia in the back yard is budding , so it must be time for a hard frost. This tree, in full bloom, is magnificent! In the 15+ years we've lived here, we've seen that phenomenum 4 times [?] because as soon as it gets ready to burst into bloom, we get a foot of snow, or 15 degree temperatures, or (once) a hail storm. But each year, we have hope.

And speaking of hope, I slipped on the Henley this afternoon to see how much longer I want to make the sleeves. I'm giving serious thought to 3/4 length!

::humming:: It mi-ight as we-ell be spring. . .
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random