Sunday, March 06, 2005

Stepford Wives

All of the Martha fawning that is taking over every list I read prompts me to point folks to sites like this one .

While you are checking it out, be sure to go to the on-line catalog. There are some nifty items in the jewelry, aprons, and fans and parasols sections. (I especially like the rhinestone "Princess" pin.) No, I did not create this website as a joke!

I also find myself more than a little aggrevatated at the amount of whining I am seeing on nearly every list: i.e. "I asked this question and no one answered." Hello, is it because no one understood what you were asking? Or that no one thought you were serious because your question was so lame? Or is it because that particular question has been answered at least 10 times in the last six weeks? Or is it because a tiny bit of work on your part would have gotten you the answer (or several answers) very quickly? Here's a clue: JFGI

And on a knitterly note, I am making progress on my sweater:




and the baby sweater:



But I've hit a snag. The pattern calls for an i-cord edge on the baby sweater (which I enjoy making and like the look of) but I really like the way the decrease formed such a nice diagonal:




that I'm thinking about leaving the i-cord off.


In a stash-busting vein, I've joined a knitalong and must decide which of the well-aged yarns in my stash I will use to make a top-down cardigan or pullover (yet another decision).



(left to right: Patons Cotton Colours 100% cotton, 2 plies of burgundy, 1 ply of rainbow variegated; Patons Impressions Hand-dyed Wool, 100% wool singles, overall impression of a sea-blue green; Lion Brand WoolEase, 80% acrylic, 20% wool, 4 plies, 2 of purple, one of navy, one of hunter green ; Kerry Woolen Mills, 100% wool, in mid Jacob (natural))

The hardest decision always seems to be: which of these irreplaceable yarns will I finally knit up?

*****************************************************************************

And on a non-knitterly note, we went to a garden show yesterday (in search of a bit of spring) and came home with:





I am fast running out of room for additional sheep!
Comments:
Gotta say that I like the color of the Wool-Ease best, but I'm betting the other ones are nicer to work with ...
 
They each have their "issues." The WoolEase is the "old" kind (more like Decor in weight and hand) so it's a good choice (and I really like the color). The cotton is yummy, but I think it would be better as a "top" than a cardigan (yep, I decided). The brown smells really sheepy. I think it and I need to be outside (not possible right now) when I knit it. And the green? Well, it's a little light for the pattern I have.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random