Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Sprung

It might be here!! The snow finally melted and look what appeared:



They're snowdrops! Harbingers of spring. Second after robins (that never actually leave, the lazy slugs!), appearing even before the crocuses.

Monty (that would be, "the fool, Monty"--he was a long ago Christmas gift from one of my kids, shut up!) is happy to be in the warm again. We use him as a snow gauge.



If we can't see Monty's fish, the snow is 9" deep. If His face is covered, it's 14". If Monty is completely buried (as he was a couple of weeks ago), it's nearly a foot and a half, and somebody better be calling in a weather delay!

Sandals, shirtsleeves, shorts, bathing suits. No, wait. Let's rethink that one.

I'm making progress on some of my projects, but there's nothing worth photographing. Maybe this weekend I'll haul them out into the sunny back yard and take some pictures amidst the budding daffodils.

And all the plain Jane knitting I've been doing lately has me chomping to make something out of



bunches and bunches of Pingofrance II. Something fair islish, perhaps. (Or I could work on the Aran vest, I suppose.)

And I realized yesterday that my self-imposed yarn fast is coming to an end in just 11 days. Good thing, too, because I am starting to twitch!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random