Saturday, March 12, 2005

Great White Hope

I was pretty sure I could see a difference in dye lots in the two very similar bags of off-white yarn that I was using to make my Aran vest. But when I decided to bite the bullet and finish the damned thing, the difference had faded to nearly nothing. Or so I thought.

Denial is more than a river.

This morning, in the clear light of dawn, there is a distinct difference in color! The front (24 rows into it) is decidedly more yellow to my untrained eye.



I'm not certain that the photo does it justice.

I am not certain if I will continue *sob*

I'm not even sure I want to salvage the yarn.

How sad is that?

I don't think I can stand to back burner this vest for another 2 years, so I'll be making the decision (to move forward or abandon) within the next 48 hours.

The good news is that if I finish it, the entire front will be one dye lot (the slightly lighter one).

And now, I must be off to tilt at windmills. Yes, I'm off to work. . .
Comments:
Because it's a cotton acrylic blend.

Besides, my luck with dyeing to cover dyelot differences has never been successful.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.
 
Well poop. I was going to suggest that you dye it pinque and send it to me.

You see, a ~completed~ item doesn't add to your stash. In fact I could even count YOUR work as one of MY completed items.

No, I'm not good at math, why do you ask?
 
Finish it! It's wonderful. Just face forward into the world and no one will ever see the back.

Jean
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random