Thursday, March 31, 2005

Going My Way

Lack of concentration and a stubborn streak (no way I'm frogging 210 stitches times 4 rows!) led me to modify the cable border on my KAL sweater.

I have tried for three days to get decent photos of my modifications, but light, the weather, and the dark blue yarn are not cooperating. This is the best I can do:



Because I know that cables are twisted on the right side and knit (and purled) even on the wrong side, I missed the symbols on the chart that indicate that these are twisted every row. Thus, my cables are longer and thinned than Nicky's (see photo on a previous day's post). I like this though. It pulls in the ribbing in a way that I don't think the original would.

I'll attempt to do the pattern as written at some point in the future. It's a pretty cable, but so is mine.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random