Friday, January 28, 2005

Younger Generation

I am officially no longer part of same. The last member of the older generation, my aunt, my mother's younger sister, died yesterday.

An era has ended, I guess, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it.

My mother died when I was 13. I was raised by this aunt and her husband from that point until I entered college at 18, or until I got married at 21, depending on your point of view.

It was not a happy time. Which probably explains a lot about why I am the way I am.

And I think the less said in a semi-public forum, the better. Suffice it to say, Toxic Parents was extremely helpful in getting me past this part of my life.

The funeral is Tuesday. I don't know if I will attend.

There's no knitting content to speak of. We are heading out of town for the weekend. I'm taking lots of yarn and many small projects including:

the secret stuff
the alien scarf
another scarf
a Pingouin bootie

Should be enough to keep me out of trouble!

There's half a chance that there will be some yarn crawl time!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random