Monday, January 10, 2005

Newsies

The other half had a great winter cap that I bought him several years ago from Lands' End. It was knit in a water repellant ragg wool (cream and gray, if I remember correctly). He loved it. Then lost it. I've been looking for a replacement ever since.

A few days ago, I followed a promising link to a pattern for a similar cap. I have started the newsboy cap three (or is it 4?) times since yesterday, using some Tivoli Celtic Aran yarn that I bought it Ireland a couple of years ago. It's become a challege I will overcome.

First time out, I underestimated the stitch gauge (4 stitches to the inch, not 5), then there was the issue with getting the hem applied correctly. Then I decided that the hem wasn't deep enough. Thank the lord that wool yarn is forgiving!

There are no pictures for obvious reasons. The yarn is lying in a puddle. I will cast on again tonight.

Yesterday we (okay, the other half) ran the vacuum cleaner. In the process, he rounded up a bunch of the usual suspects:



Looks like a Mouse-acre!

Think she has too many toys? You don't know the half of it!

What's scary is waking up to find them in a neat little column advancing on the bed. We live in a very Stephen King-esque house!





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random