Sunday, December 19, 2004

A Passage to India

Indeed, that's what it was like when I opened my recycled sari yarn purchased from
the Hunger Site. Because I had been following discussions about this type of yarn on various lists, I really had some buyer's remorse, until I opened the package. Just take a look:



It's not entirely smooth (nor did I expect it to be), and it has a sort of chemical smell (dye, I expect) that is starting to fade. What I was concerned about was other listers comments about seriously thin areas, lots of vegetative matter (okay, floor sweepings) and other issues that might affect ultimate wearability. I am pleased to report that I've found none of those. It seems to be a bit over spun in places, but I can deal with that. And I bought it intending to make small purse-type projects, so it won't be a serious problem.

Here's another shot, this time spread out a bit so you can see the texture better:



I am very pleased!




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random