Sunday, December 12, 2004

The Fugitive

Looking for a one-armed man, I am!

Many miles of "stone" Naturespun and I am closing in on the end, but I sure do wish I were finished!



Tomorrow, it's back to work, but not before I drive 30 minutes in the opposite direction to meet with 9 of our member agencies. And it's supposed to snow tonight. And they are north of us. Did I mention yet that I hate winter??

I have enough sick leave accumulated that if I could just get a doctor's excuse, I could crawl into my rocker and knit until spring. Note to self: call doctor in the morning.

I will comfort myself tonight with back-to-back Lost episodes, or maybe Third Watch. There's so much saved on TiVo that it doesn't matter that early evening television is garbage!

And I will work on big, brown and boring and finish that first cuff (the only thing more boring than miles of brown stockinette stitch is 2.5" of brown 1X1 ribbing!) or

another of the many laprobes-from-squares-made-by-other-people. I added a white DC border to these blocks (shades of blue and purple and all very uniform in size) . Sets them off nicely, I think.

I have a hat started for Ship Support, too. It's the basic sampler/swatch hat from Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Workshop. I certainly don't need a pattern for a watch cap. Lord knows, I've made literally hundreds in the past few years. And I'm not using it as a swatch for another sweater. This cap and maybe one more will use up the last of the discontinued Lion Brand Al-Pa-Ka. But there's something comforting about following EZ's directions, and the colorwork pattern is pretty, so maybe I'll work on that.

And I bought a few more bears



in pretty colors. Go on, admit it. You knew I wouldn't be able to resist. So bite me! No, wait. . .

Third one from the left will not be going to charity once she's clothed!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random