Friday, December 24, 2004

Finger of Guilt

Wait until the last minute, something will trip you up for sure!

I planned (really, I did) today (Christmas Eve) to be cookie baking day, as there's a long weekend and the bottomless pits (aka the sons) and the soon-to-be daughter -in-law would all be here for a couple of days, and well, you know how it goes with cookies and kids (even very tall kids). (And other halves, too, but who's counting them? I even laid in the ingredients for the white chocolate chip macadamia nut and the gingerbread men with the lemon icing in the middle!

What's that about the best laid plans??

Last night while I was cleaning up the kitchen (a task I usually leave for the other half--I cook, he washes the pots-- but he was dishing up the ice cream), I managed a way-too-close encounter with a new toy:




What, your mother never told you not to play with knives?



It looks much better now than it did last night (a mere 12 hours ago). Serious thoughts were given to a trip to the emergency room. I am missing a fingernail-sized piece of my ring finger.
NOTE TO SELF: Get Band-Aids!

So, I guess I'll pull on the food prep gloves and get started on those cookies. Or find a good bakery that isn't completely sold out!


Comments:
Thanks, Sandy.

I'm down to a Winnie the Pooh babd-aisd (giggle) and two kinds of cookies finished.

On to the sugar variety.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random