Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Cousin, Cousine

Sunday, I got a phone call from a friend of my cousin's.

The only cousin I know well (daughter of my mother's younger sister) and I spent most of our teen years living in the same house and at each other's throats. (Long story, different blog.) In our 40's, we found common ground.

I spoke briefly to B, then she put R on the phone. R had a stroke several years ago and now resides in an assisted living/nursing home. She requires 24/7 care.

The conversation was stifled, as R speaks only in yes/no responses. Bottom line, she's alive, I'm alive. Depressing at best.

In March, her son will be moving her from the east coast to California. I suspect we will lose touch completely.

I am sad.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random