Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Christmas Vacation

Did I mention that I have the week off? (I believe I did, and I do!)

I have set myself to cleaning the house and finishing up some projects (like these blasted lap robes, and big brown and boring--more on that subject later, and the Christmas cards that I need to send). So I am. Cleaning. And knitting. And getting quite a lot done, thankyouverymuch.
And, of course, I started a couple of new projects (small, new ones, very, very, small) like the dim sum wontons from the Spring '03 issue of Knitty.com from some wool yarn odds and ends that I whipped up on the Bond.



I got out the 'nip stash to stuff the first two. I suspect I will wish I did this outside when the household cats get wind of the project!




Nothing but the best for my furry friends and their junkie buddies!

And here they are, nestled in their little box, all ready for wrapping:

I think I'll make eggrolls next!



And on a somewhat sadder note, the saga of big, brown, and boring:

I think I may have mentioned that it's big, brown, and boring (I did; it is), but perfect for the intended recipient. Said recipient commented that he "probably wouldn't" ever wear it.

Let me say that the prospect of frogging 4 skeins of yarn crossed my mind only briefly. Fortunately, the other half mentioned that he doesn't "have a brown sweater." (Unless you count the tweed one or the camel one, but that's another story for another day.)

So, big, brown and boring remains on the needles and a WIP. Ho, Ho, Ho!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random