Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Bad Santa

When I was a kid, I could sneak a peek at Christmas presents better than anyone I knew. I could get my chewed-down fingernails under the tape, slide the box out of the wrapper, check the contents, and get the whole thing re-wrapped and back under the tree before anyone was the wiser. Still can, except that my nails are a lot more useful these days, now that I no longer gnaw.

Why do people ask what I'd like as a gift, then say "that's not a gift" when I tell them what I'd really like to have?

I ask you: Is this a gift??



I think it's a fine gift and it will be wrapped and under the tree. For me!

And speaking of gifts, my Secret Santa sent me a gift!



It's scarf patterns and the Shetland wool in a heathery shade of blue-violet (or is it violet-blue?) to knit one up. The camera does not do the color (or the pattern) justice!

Thanks so much, Jolene!

And the mail guy (yeh, I checked, our fe-mail guy is working the counter these days) brought these lovlies from Elann! Yay, fast service!!



They'll be cozy slippers and (I think) a tiny little evening purse, and a yummy scarf, lacy, I think, or cables.

And tomorrow, the other half and I are getting our anniversary present to/from each other. We are going into New York for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular! I haven't been since I was a little kid, and he's never been. We're taking the bus, so we won't even have the stress of driving. He can read, I can knit.

What fun!





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random