Sunday, November 28, 2004

Rain or Shine

We're back again! Did you miss me?

We went to Washington (DC, not State) for Thanksgiving and to meet the soon-to-be in-laws. Yes, the bigger kid is, though they are saying it isn't official yet. What could make it more official? They decided, they're planning. Kids!

It rained the whole way down. But the weather turned nice and we had a grand time.

The big kid turned 27 on Thanksgiving. Hard to imagine, isn't it? His SO (soon to be wife) cooked a wonderful non-turkey meal of Cuban pork and all the traditional accompaniments. It was delicious!

I worked a lot on (BBB big, brown and boring) in the car and while talking with the other 'rents. They are very nice, by the way. I just hope they don't think I'm too rude!

We saw the houses that the kids are hoping to buy (one of). Housing prices in Arlington are outrageous, but wages are a lot higher, so I guess it balances.

Here's the progress on the younger kid's Christmas sweater:



Almost ready for the ribbing. Or a rolled hem. Must look on gap.com and decide.

I look around me at the mess in this room. Oh, come on, be honest, the whole house is a wreck! I really should be doing something other than knitting or blogging!

So I started by boxing up all the treasures I've been accumulating for the reservation.




I'll take them to the post office in the morning. The other half is running the vacuum right now. As soon as he's finished in the kitchen, I'll attack the floor in there. That will help a little. Then the kitchen counter and the pile-o-bills.

I don't think I'll be knitting anytime soon!



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random