Wednesday, November 17, 2004

The Quiet Man

(As if there were such)

More pictures from the trip.

Many years ago (1952 to be exact), John Wayne made a movie (The Quiet Man, duh) in the village of Cong. Maureen O'Hara was his co-star (she still lives a bit down the road). THe other half likes to watch that one. I can take it or leave it, except fort he scenery. (I'm not a fan of "the Duke.")

Yeh, that's us. Aren't we a handsome couple. I am wearing my ancient lopi sweater (one of the first I ever made. Still have a couple odd-ball leftovers from that one. Price was $2.20 a BIG ball!) The other half is wearing a textured sweater made of Ballybrae that I made several years ago as well. When in Rome (or Ireland), wear wool!

Anyway, we saw a replic of the house from the film:




and the bridge from which Himself took the tumble:




On a knitterly note, I frogged the slipper in progress. The shape was just too strange.

But here's a parting shot of the 12 Bens:






Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random