Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Countdown

With a little more than a month to go before Christmas, it is clearly time to step into high gear! There are lots of little things I'd like to make: hats, mittens, cell phone covers (no, wait! just because you can doesn't mean that you should!)

Fortunately, the two biggest items on my to-do list (the two lopi sweaters) are finished and ready to wrap (as soon as I find the care labels I need to sew inside). I'm guessing that the kids will spend Christmas with her parents since they were with us in 2003, but nothing has been said out loud yet. In any event, they are finished and can be lovingly wrapped for under the tree or mailed. I'm thinking that their "couples gift" will be gift cards. Bed, Bath and Beyond, or Home Depot. There's always something for everyone at those two stores!

I'm making some progress on big-and-boring:



I have about 3 more rounds before I divide for sleeves. Then it's autopilot to the bottom ribbing, pick up the sleeves, finish the neck. Wash. Block.

My stash whispers in the night. But so do several on-line purveyors of fine (and cheap, let's be honest) yarn.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random