Friday, October 08, 2004

The Sterile Cuckoo

Very obscure movie reference this evening, no? It's the theme song, folks. Come Saturday Morning has the words, "I'm going away with my friend. We'll Saturday-spend 'til the end of the day."

I realized a couple of days ago, that I have had one non-working weekend since August. This one (and the Monday that follows) is for me (and my friend). I found the book (The Sterile Cuckoo) on the new book shelf at the library when I was in college (in the 60's). Loved it. Shared it with my "friend" (now the other half). We saw the movie together. Find the book. It's much better than the movie!

There's a book sale (AAUW) nearby that opens today. There's early fall yard work that needs doing if the weather cooperates. There's knitting, for lord's sake! I don't have to work (for money) for three whole days! I do, however, need to clean the bathrooms. (Note to self: schedule a vacation day once a month to clean the bathrooms--NOT!)

Last night, I tucked in the ends, sewed on the buttons, and declared Rambling Rows officially finished. Does it look "boy" enough?





And the mailman came. And brought more yarn:

Enough (with what I already have) for two more Lopi sweaters, including one for moi(!)

and a luscious shawl-like scarf .






Comments:
Hello, may I come to your house and fondle your yarn? No, I'm not a pervert, really. Honest.

That stuff looks gorgeous.

I have two hours free all to MYSELF today and I'm gonna do some yarn fondling here, too.
 
And yes, the sweater looks "boy" enough. I like it a lot.

I'm thinkin' that I need to retire so that I can knit all day long. That, or someone needs to show me how to knit faster. Hmm, if I fly out there next spring ... ?
 
Come on down! Seriously!

We can sit under the magnolia tree and knit all day.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random