Sunday, October 10, 2004

Starting Over

Wool it is! I really didn't want to make this sweet sweater in acrylic. Probably forthe same reason I used cloth diapers. Paper and plastic on a baby? Yes, I'm a purist. And an Earth Mother. So shoot me!

By paying careful attention (and the judicious use of markers) I got the collar finished and I've set up the yoke. This little sweater is going to require my entire mind until the pattern is well-established, then it should be a breeze. After all, it's just a little A-line poncho--with sleeves.

Here's the re-done collar. The color is subtle, but brighter than this picture shows:



Okay, the color is lots brighter. And green, too! (Looks gray in the picture, doesn't it?)

Fall is definitely in the air here today! There's a brisk (okay, cold) breeze blowing. The leaves are turning. The sky is gray. If it were November, I'd swear those were snow clouds. Time to start the Christmas knitting!

I've cranked up my Bond (Ultimate Sweater Machine) and started "production knitting" of slippers and hats.

I really want to get started on a sweater for the younger kid (he's 25, but he's still my baby). Knowing him, he'll wear it if it's relatively lightweight, pretty simple, and a conservative (okay, I typed "dull" first) color.

Just the thing:

It's conservative, DK weight, and superwash wool. Something for everyone! Now, to find the right pattern. The color, by the way is "Anchor grey." It looks in person like it does on the screen.

And something to make my heart sing:



Catbed to felt for a friend's surviving cat (they lost their other cat earlier this year). This one's for you Finnegan! This stuff (Tahki Dazzle) is a joy to work with! Feels good on my hands, and the colors are wonderful!

Oh, and I finished the second lopi sleeve last night.





Comments:
My goodness, you've been busy! I'd better get cracking so I've got something to post too. I am getting jealous ...

Spoze I could post my 800 UFOs to prove I've been working on ~something~ but really, it's getting embarrassing. Especially seeing some haven't been touched in a couple of years.
 
Oh, please do post the UFOs. Then I won't feel so guilty about mine!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random